COMMUNITY LEAD, SYSTEM INITIATIVE ON THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION, GENDER AND WORK
GENDER PARITY MODULE
(Maternity Cover: 1 October 2017 – 30 April 2018)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The System Initiative on the Future of Education, Gender and Work aims to enable people to fulfil their full potential by developing and deploying their talent, thereby contributing to more prosperous economies and societies. It drives the development of education that matches the needs of the future, promotes a workforce that is better prepared for shifts in labour markets, identifies opportunities for job creation and ensures that gains and opportunities are shared equally, regardless of gender, age or origin. The Initiative offers the latest knowledge to leaders and the public for more informed decision-making, provides an exclusive platform for leaders to build consensus and share ideas, and works with leaders and organizations to take collaborative and coordinated action. The Initiative and its members take a systemic and future-oriented approach throughout their work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage relationships with stakeholders of the System Initiative from business, particularly Partner companies, as well as international organizations, civil society organizations, academia and governments
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with the current community through preparing detailed, individual account plans for each Partner and key stakeholder, capturing their priorities in the engagement with the System Initiative to ensure meaningful and unique value through the System’s projects and activities
- Support the on-boarding of new Partners and other stakeholders; and manage advance preparation of community meetings and calls, including update materials, invitations, agendas and logistics
- Support the head of the sub-team in improving and iterating the System Initiative’s engagement strategy and value proposition
- Help handle requests from Members, Partners and other Forum stakeholders as well as other internal teams regarding the Forum’s activities on topics related to education and skills, work and employment and gender parity
- Help support the team’s media and communications strategy, including engagement and queries from the general public
- Collaborate closely with System Initiative colleagues, ensuring cross-team input on community engagement and bringing community views into the shaping of the team’s events, projects and reports
- Build relationships and collaborate closely with colleagues across the Forum, in particular with our regional and business engagement teams
- Develop a strong understanding of the Forum’s mission and regularly monitor relevant global developments in the areas pertinent to education and skills, work and employment and gender parity, and the intersections between them
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced university degree in business, economics, international relations, communications or relevant field
- Seven to 10 years of relevant professional experience, ideally with at least three years in the private sector coupled with experience from another sector; account management experience is a plus
- Expertise in working with a broad range of stakeholders, such as the private sector, government, commercial and multilateral development banks and civil society
- Highly collaborative team player, with outstanding relationship management and organizational skills and a strong focus on delivery to tight deadlines
- Strong interest in global affairs, talent, education, employment, gender and diversity issues
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding command of written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.