Mobile Engineering Lead
|Target hire date:|
MOBILE ENGINEERING LEAD
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Forum is building world-leading digital collaboration platforms, knowledge and data tools, and digital event experiences for our constituents. To support this development, we are looking for a qualified engineering lead to take responsibility for our mobile and services platforms, which span iOS, Android and Windows 10 Mobile, and work with our teams of engineers and product managers to help bring digital products and features from conception to launch and beyond. The Mobile Engineering Lead will bring strong technical acumen, supporting fellow product managers to deliver cutting-edge services to drive online engagement with Forum Members and constituents, and deliver on the organization’s strategic vision to provide digital products that are recognized as best in the industry. Exceptionally clear documentation and communication skills, capacity to take impactful decisions on the technology roadmap and the ability to thrive flexibly within a complex organization are necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitate collaboration, communication and decision-making between different engineering teams and stakeholders, including product managers
• Act as a sponsoring coach and technical lead for the mobile and back-end software engineers, promoting best practices and supporting a continuous learning culture
• Identify and evaluate new technologies and innovation for alignment with technology roadmap and business value
• Develop a strong point of view on what makes Forum products differentiated, both functionally and technically
• Own documentation design as well as author application-specific technical reports and papers
Qualifications and Skills
• Broad intellectual background with a university-level education in computer science, mechanical/electrical engineering or related field
• 5 years of relevant industry experience in technical product management or engineering lead
• Fluency in English, with excellent written, digital and verbal communication skills
• Experience deploying and managing applications lifecycles on Apple Store and Google Play stores; references to be provided
• Experience working closely with engineering delivery teams and following a structured development process, preferably in an Agile environment
• Experience with the software development tools/platform space, including an issue-tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
• Design experience including mock-ups and rapid prototyping for mobile-first interfaces
• Familiarity with programming languages in the mobile space (stack: obj-c/swift, android) and/or scripting languages, a plus
• Good understanding of modern services-oriented infrastructure; familiarity with micro-services concepts is a plus
• Good command of modern back-end and front-end technologies
• Salesforce.com experience is a plus
If you meet these requirements, please apply online and provide us with your CV and a cover letter describing your motivations for applying.