PARTNER ENGAGEMENT GROUP
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
As a membership organization, the Forum, through the Partner Engagement Group, engages businesses in projects and initiatives – online and offline – to address industry, regional and systemic issues.
Organized by Industry and/or Region, the teams are responsible for building the world’s premier communities of business leaders to advance critical topics facing the industries on global, regional and industry agendas through engagement with government, industry, regulatory and civil society leaders.
As part of the Partner Engagement Group, the Community Specialist will be responsible for assisting and supporting the team in the execution of business engagement plans and associated operational and administrative requirements to ensure the successful engagement of business Members and Partners in the full range of the Forum’s activities.
Successful candidates for the Partner Engagement Specialist role will have had prior work experience in a client-facing position in the private sector, with a significant component of administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the regional/industry team in managing ongoing Member and Partner relationships, which involves sourcing company information, following up queries from Members, identifying opportunities for engagement, maintaining communications and preparing engagement plans
- Work with teams across the Forum’s global centres to ensure the successful engagement of Partners and Members in Forum activities and events
- Ensure that the relevant calendars and agendas for each area of work are made available and communicated to the Partner and Members in a timely manner
Planning and operations
- Ensure that the operational and logistical requirements of Members and Partners from the region/industry are understood and reflected in internal admission policies, event timelines and operational plans
- Develop and manage event timeline(s) ensuring that event invitations and supporting materials for events are produced appropriately and on time
- Ensure that operational and logistical matters related to events are communicated to Members
New business development
- Provide support to the new business development activities of the team, including maintaining target lists of companies to be approached within the region/industry, outreach to selected companies and developing initial proposals for internal review Team support
- Support the team in the timely implementation of strategic tasks associated with the engagement of the Member/Partners of the region/industry
- Prepare team/cluster meetings, take meeting minutes and ensure facilities are in place for meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Broad intellectual background with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, international relations, or other relevant field
- 2-5 years’ experience in key account management, sales, business development, or logistics in a corporate environment
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills, with perfect command of English; fluency in another language is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint; Salesforce would be a plus
- Ability to prioritize effectively under pressure and to multitask in a time-efficient manner
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail, and open to travel if necessary
Candidates who apply for this posting, which has no specific deadline and is not associated with a specific opening, agree to be placed in a talent pipeline for the World Economic Forum, and will be contacted as and when positions open up that are a good fit with their experience and qualifications.
Candidates for whom there is no suitable opportunity to propose will not be contacted.