REGIONAL OR SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT/GLOBAL CHALLENGES
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Regional and Government Engagement Group manages global government relations with the World Economic Forum, curating the regional agenda through engagement with civil society, academia, expert communities and research organization partners in countries of the region.
The Global Challenges Team develops and facilitates public-private collaboration on major global issues in areas such as climate change; digital economy and society; agricultural development and food security; infrastructure and development finance; employment, skills and human capital. The team also creates a platform for engagement with civil society voices, ensuring that civil society communities are fully integrated and play leading roles in the Forum’s public-private partnership effort.
The successful candidate for a Community Lead role in one of these teams will have a background in public policy, academia, or government affairs and a strong expertise in a specific global issue area, with professional experience in policy and programme development, excellent research and writing skills, and proven facilitation and public speaking abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strong understanding of the Forum’s mission, regularly monitor relevant global developments in the relevant topic, and help engage external projects and efforts within the Forum’s platform
- Build networks with and engage key actors from business, government, civil society and academia to leverage public-private cooperation and deliver against team objectives
- Where community management is required, champion community members’ interests within the Forum’s broader range of activities and encourage collaboration of members within and across communities on common interests and affiliations
- For content-related roles, identify emerging issues, understand who the most relevant stakeholders are and synthesize multiple points of view to develop solution-sets to help advance global progress on the relevant topic
- Collaborate with the team to develop thought leadership, including supporting the efforts of individual team members to amplify their intellectual contributions
- Collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders and ensure that findings are shared with all involved stakeholders regularly; organize and host virtual and physical events as needed
- Work closely with other team members on shaping the design and content of sessions for Forum events, contribute towards the team’s knowledge products and insight reports, and support the team’s media and communication strategy
- Drive effective project delivery, integration and coordination through a highly collaborative approach and effective resourcing, budgeting, project and process management, communication and reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- Broad intellectual background with a Master’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university, in any discipline
- 7-10 years of professional experience, including extended experience in working in or with a specific region or global issue, ideally engaging multiple stakeholders in diverse geographies
- Ability to work and build long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders in the public and private sectors and civil society
- Capacity to apply critical thinking, consult broadly, develop strategies, work collaboratively in a team and manage both long and short term objectives
- Strategic and creative skills in project management, research, writing and presentation
- Outstanding command of written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- Flexibility, self-starting attitude and the interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural collaboration skills needed to work in a fast-paced, demanding, international environment
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of recent digital platforms, including Salesforce, is an advantage
Candidates who apply for this posting, which has no specific deadline and is not associated with a specific opening, agree to be placed in a talent pipeline for the World Economic Forum, and will be contacted as and when positions open up that are a good fit with their experience and qualifications.
Candidates for whom there is no suitable opportunity to propose will not be contacted.