PARTNER ENGAGEMENT GROUP
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
As a membership organization, the Forum, through the Partner Engagement Group, engages businesses in projects and initiatives – online and offline – to address industry, regional and systemic issues.
Organized by Industry and/or Region, the teams are responsible for building the world’s premier communities of business leaders to advance critical topics facing the industries on global, regional and industry agendas through engagement with government, industry, regulatory and civil society leaders.
As part of the Partner Engagement Group, the Community Lead will engage businesses and leaders from her/his community in Forum initiatives, projects and events, and identify new members and partners in the relevant region or industry. Successful candidates for the Partner Engagement Lead role will have worked with a broad range of stakeholders within the context of a specific industry, such as:
- Professional Services (including Management Consulting, Audit, and Legal)
- General Industries (including Mining & Metals, Oil & Gas, and Energy Utilities)
- Financial Services (including Banking and Capital Markets, Private Investors, Institutional Investors, and Insurance and Asset Management)
- Manufacturing (including Aviation, Automotive, and Chemistry and Advanced Materials)
- Consumer Industries (including Retail, Agriculture, Food and Beverage, and Electronics)
- Media, Entertainment, Information Technology or Telecommunications
- Global Health and Healthcare
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the primary person to manage and develop long-term, trusted relationships between the Forum and key business leaders in the Industry
- Build relationships with the Forum’s existing regional/industry business community and shape their yearly engagement in coordination with other Forum teams
- Develop the Forum’s membership community in the assigned region/industry by identifying key potential Partners, understanding their strategic interests and priorities, and shaping compelling value propositions
- Act as a trusted adviser for Partner companies, guiding them on the Forum’s platform and ensuring that they derive the highest value from their engagement
- Understand strategic interests of key business leaders and translate them into tailored partnerships and engagement plans, ensuring continuous successful delivery of these plans and maximizing value of engagement
- Monitor closely and evaluate business developments, media reports and policy changes that impact region/industry business leaders and identify leading-edge, emerging companies and entrepreneurs that can contribute to and engage in the mission of the Forum
- Shape the regional/industry context and business perspective into global agenda including building programmes and generating cutting-edge knowledge related to the region or industry’s business context, in collaboration with other Forum teams
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in relevant subject (Business, Economics, Engineering, etc.)
- 7-10 years of professional experience in relevant industries
- Fluent English, both verbal and written, and at least one other language
- Proficiency in MS Office/Excel/PowerPoint and recent digital platforms
- Excellent understanding of the current industry landscape, the key drivers changing the sector and their consequences for the future
- Experience in analysing complex industry issues using the most relevant business intelligence and in synthesizing appropriate recommendations
- Demonstrated work with industry leaders at senior executive and preferably C-suite level; policy experts in academia, NGOs and government agencies in developed and developing countries;
- Experience in preparing strategic marketing plans and value propositions of new products and services for industry leaders
- Confirmed project management, collaboration and leadership skills
- Ability to travel internationally up to 40%
Candidates who apply for this posting, which has no specific deadline and is not associated with a specific opening, agree to be placed in a talent pipeline for the World Economic Forum, and will be contacted as and when positions open up that are a good fit with their experience and qualifications.
Candidates for whom there is no suitable opportunity to propose will not be contacted.