Project Lead, Work and Employment, System Initiative on the Future of Education, Gender and Work
|Target hire date:|
PROJECT LEAD, WORK AND EMPLOYMENT
SYSTEM INITIATIVE ON THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION, GENDER AND WORK
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The System Initiative on the Future of Education, Gender and Work aims to enable people to fulfil their full potential by developing and deploying their talent, thereby contributing to more prosperous economies and societies. It drives the development of education that matches the needs of the future, promotes a workforce that is better prepared for shifts in labour markets, identifies opportunities for job creation and ensures that gains and opportunities are shared equally, regardless of gender, age or origin. The Initiative offers the latest knowledge to leaders and the public for more informed decision-making, provides an exclusive platform for leaders to build consensus and share ideas, and works with leaders and organizations to take collaborative and coordinated action. The Initiative and its members take a systemic and future-oriented approach throughout their work.
As a Project Lead, you will:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and manage System Initiative projects on the future of work and employment, aimed at creating new and practical knowledge and facilitating action in this fast-moving space.
• Develop and manage dialogues series that bring together different stakeholders to create consensus and common priorities to address emerging challenges and opportunities within education and skills, work and employment, and gender parity.
• Identify emerging issues, define the scope of projects or dialogue series, map out and engage relevant stakeholders, develop project plans, organize virtual and physical events, synthesize multiple points of view, design and produce relevant insight products such as white papers, infographics and reports, and develop strategies to help advance global progress on the issue.
• Work closely with external stakeholders, ensuring that they are provided with regular communication, planning and coordination.
• Work with and manage internal cross-team project sub-teams, including onsite and remote secondees from Partner companies who support these dialogues and projects.
• Collaborate closely with System Initiative colleagues, shaping the team’s sessions and events, contributing towards the team’s knowledge products, partner relations and action projects, and supporting the team’s media and communications strategy.
• Develop a strong understanding of the Forum’s mission, regularly monitor relevant global developments in the areas pertinent to education and skills, work and employment and gender parity, and the intersections between them, and help engage external projects and efforts within the Forum’s platform.
Qualifications and Skills
• Advanced university degree in economics, public policy, business or other relevant field
• More than 10 years of professional experience, ideally across multiple sectors and in diverse geographies
• Professional experience should include significant knowledge of work and employment issues, as well as proven interest in education, skills, talent and gender issues
• Excellent project management, relationship management, system leadership, research and communication skills
• Capacity to apply critical thinking, consult broadly, develop strategies, work collaboratively in a team and manage both long- and short-term objectives
• Outstanding command of written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.