Head, System Initiative On Shaping The Future Of Information And Entertainment
|Target hire date:|
HEAD, SYSTEM INITIATIVE ON SHAPING THE FUTURE OF INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Forum’s System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Information and Entertainment is a platform that brings together cross-sector leaders from industry, academia, government, international organizations and civil society to identify and take action to ensure a sustainable flow of information and content that informs, entertains and educates while empowering society.
The Head of the Information and Entertainment System Initiative will guide the multistakeholder, cross-industry and interdisciplinary platform, providing public and private sector leaders with a space to identify, develop and implement forward-looking strategies that shape solutions to the system’s most critical challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Define the System Initiative’s vision and objectives and its underlying issues, modules and projects
• Develop and engage with the System Initiative’s governing body (the Stewards), think tank (the Global Future Council), Forum Industry Partners, a wider network of experts and other stakeholders
• Lead the ongoing implementation and management of the System Initiative through effective governance, budget and staffing models, clear project workstreams and timelines, financing, communication and reporting
• Raise visibility of the System Initiative among opinion leaders and the public at large through the Forum’s various platforms, including media and communication’s platform and at Forum events
• Establish clear evaluation criteria and metrics for measuring the overall impact of the System Initiative and related issues and projects
• Engage Industry Heads in shaping strategy and projects, based on Industry Partner inputs
• Engage other System Initiative Leads to define and address crossovers and cross-cutting opportunities, and influence the relevant stakeholders to drive integration and leveraged impact
• Review regularly and refresh the membership of the System Initiative’s board of Stewards
• Conceive and sponsor a pipeline of projects that fit within the System Initiative’s overall mission and ensure they are supported by internal and external teams and endorsed by external stakeholders
• Identify opportunities for collaboration with relevant initiatives and organizations external to the World Economic Forum
• Represent the System Initiative in senior management discussions, and communicate the initiative’s content and engagement possibilities within the Forum and externally to public and private sector stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
• Strong academic background with master’s degree in relevant field; an MBA is preferred, but not required.
• 15+ years of professional experience, ideally across multiple sectors and in diverse geographies
• Numerous years of executive level leadership experience in the information and/or creative economy
• A demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders of competing companies from the private sector into supporting a collective cause and into collaborating together
• Extensive experience in building and managing formal and informal teams for delivery of objectives
• A real champion of people and team cohesion, with a demonstrated ability to develop individuals, and to mentor and coach them to their full potential
• Exceptional organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• In-depth knowledge of the media sectors and aptitude in relevant content areas, including emerging technologies
• Demonstrated systems leadership with an ability to map systemic connections, quickly identify emerging issues, understand who the most relevant stakeholders are, and develop an area of focus for a multistakeholder engagement
• Demonstrated ability to work with industry and government leaders at the top executive/minister level, as well as with subject matter and policy experts in academia, and non-governmental organizations
• Capacity to apply critical thinking, consult broadly, develop strategies, work collaboratively in a team and manage both long- and short-term objectives
• Fluent spoken and written English; knowledge of other languages an asset
• Able to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous and constantly changing environment, under tight deadlines
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.