SPECIALIST, AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT AND DATA ANALYSIS - PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT TEAM
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The World Economic Forum’s digital media team is responsible for producing content that reaches more than 350 million people every month. The Audience Development Analyst would be responsible for analysing how this content performs and producing recommendations and insights that help increase engagement. You will be joining a leading international communications team to convey the Forum’s mission and messages, and engage the global community in its work. The communications team’s role is to ensure the public awareness of the Forum’s mission by enhancing its brand and engagement with the global public.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of analytical approaches of the Public Engagement Team
- Provide a thorough process review of current analytical practices and capabilities of the team and offer recommendations
- Develop content performance metrics and establish quality control protocols
- Develop media monitoring and digital platform analysis and reporting capabilities
- Organize disparate sources of data and establish methods of analysis for reporting and optimization of workflow and content
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Support the team using existing tools such as TrendKite for media monitoring, Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Optimizely and others
- Identify new tools that meet the team’s requirements • Locate and define new process improvement opportunities for Media relations, digital media and public engagement
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Engineering, Statistics, Information science, Mathematics, Communications or similarly applicable discipline
- Fluent in English, an additional language would be an advantage
- Experience working with API specifications, software libraries and natural language processing techniques/algorithms is a plus
- Data visualization knowledge and experience (Spotfire, Tableau, R)
- At least 2 years of experience in a professional environment
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, media monitoring techniques and tools such as Trendkite or other marketing analysis and measurement tools
- Technical knowledge regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (STATA, SAS, R)
- Proven experience of analysing engagement across the main social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube etc. Some experience of international social networks - WeChat, Weibo, QZone, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information, attention to details and critical thinking
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
If you meet these requirements, please apply online