Travelzoo® provides our 28 million members insider deals and one-of-a-kind experiences personally reviewed by one of our deal experts around the globe. With more than 25 offices worldwide we have our pulse on outstanding travel, entertainment, and lifestyle experiences. For over 15 years we have worked in partnership with more than 2,000 top travel suppliers—our long-standing relationships allow us access to the very best deals.
Travelzoo is seeking a Business Development Manager located in our London office who will be reporting into the Head of Sales, Local deals.
Please note: The sales patch for this role is the Home Counties
- Develop outstanding relationships by prospecting high-quality restaurants, spas, attractions, activities and lifestyle local businesses
- Negotiate and close outstanding deals for Travelzoo’s local audience
- Team with Producers to source, negotiate and deliver outstanding deals to our members
- Generate your own pipeline to deliver and achieve monthly goals
- Track ongoing sales activities and forecast business opportunities
- Establish and maintain long-term client business relationships, through face-to-face meetings
- Network with relevant local contacts to drive awareness of Travelzoo and what we offer in your region
- Manage your region to ensure you get the best quality and mix of content available for all local members
- Maintain the highest level of client and member satisfaction
- Degree educated (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in dealing with restaurants and other small businesses would be an advantage
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to travel
- You have a “good nose” for what is an outstanding deal
- Passion for cold-calling and hunting, and developing and closing sales
- Ability to make cold calls and manage numerous prospects
- Excellent networker with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to achieve results while working independently
- Comprehensive use of CRM to manage, and plan pipeline
- Hands-on approach, team player and goal-oriented coupled with an ability to adjust to changing circumstances round up your profile
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!