Travelzoo® provides our 28 million members insider deals and one-of-a-kind experiences personally reviewed by one of our deal experts around the globe. With more than 25 offices worldwide we have our pulse on outstanding travel, entertainment, and lifestyle experiences. For over 15 years we have worked in partnership with more than 2,000 top travel suppliers—our long-standing relationships allow us access to the very best deals.
Travelzoo is seeking an Assistant Publisher located in Hamburg, Berlin or Munich to oversee the company's editorial products. This role is responsible for collaborating with multiple departments to produce, approve and deliver deals that inspire and delight our members. Candidates for this position should possess a strong editorial background and a passion for publishing quality travel and lifestyle content in a clear and concise voice.
- Writing inspiring and accurate copy and headlines
- Coordinating imagery with the photo editors
- Editing and final proof reading of all content; ensuring images/copy/headline balance
- Validating all deal submissions by checking supplied research and conducting further independent research to ensure each deal meets Travelzoo’s quality requirements
- Strategize with other teams to ensure members receive the most relevant offers in a timely manner and to develop value-driven deals Travelzoo members love
- Monitor analytics and engagement to maximize client campaign performance
- Maintaining the editorial integrity of our publications
- Degree educated (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in an editorial role, ideally in an online media company or in a fast-paced company, with a focus on online content management
- Thorough understanding of editorial and journalistic principles
- Understanding of an online business with a unique member-based model
- Successful track record of managing online campaigns (familiarity with cookie and pixel tracking, and analytics, preferred)
- Excellent German skills as well as fluent English skills required
- Knowledge of the tourism industry in Germany is a plus
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fixed-term contract for 18 months
- Travel perks, including an annual stipend to experience Travelzoo’s deals
- Systematic and individual training as well as promotion through personal coaching
- Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
- International mentoring programs and e-learning options
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!