OMA's New York office is looking for a dedicated Office Assistant to work alongside the current support team. The ideal candidate is self-disciplined, detail-oriented, a strong communicator, and confident in a fast-paced work environment, with ability to oversee multiple short- and long-term tasks to completion with minimal supervision. This role will be primarily responsible for reception and facilities, maintaining and keeping track of office equipment, and occasionally collaborating on special events. The ability to provide level-headed assistance when and where it is needed beyond these key responsibilities is critical to success in this role. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Ability to commute to Manhattan weekdays for regular hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
- 1-2 years of work experience in an administrative role.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; it is preferred that applicants for this particular role not hold a degree in Architecture.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (especially Outlook, Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and excellent “people” skills in general.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, managing assigned work and time to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Initiative and adaptability in a fast-paced, professional setting.
- Insightful problem analysis and assessment; ability to identify areas for improvement and then research and propose solutions.
- Experience in a creative studio setting.
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience with technical troubleshooting, computer networks, and IT support.
- Strong interest in architecture, design, and art.
- Knowledge of photography and related equipment.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Ability to commit to the role for at least two years.
- Manage administrative activities including answering phone calls, responding to and/or redirecting e-mails received by the office’s general contact address, overseeing the meeting schedule, receiving and distributing deliveries, organizing shipments, filing, scanning, etc.
- Serve as the first point of contact and host for visitors, including clients and consultants.
- Planning and organizing for reception of important guests and occasional special events.
- Arrange amenities daily and facilitate office cleanliness, communicating with cleaners as needed.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment, and arrange any necessary service or repair.
- Coordination with the IT department to provide support for office equipment as needed as needed.
- Track whereabouts of office equipment that is checked out for use by staff.
- Run errands to the bank, post office, and miscellaneous vendors as needed
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system.