|# of openings:||1|
Position Title: Logistics Manager, Iraq
Location / department: Iraq, Erbil, with frequent travel to all programme locations (Mosul, Sinoni, Kirkuk Governorates, and possible new areas).
Length of contract: 12 months, with possibility to renew, start as soon as possible.
Responsible to: Head of Programme Support in Erbil
Direct Line Management of:
1 ) Erbil Logistics Officer
2) Erbil Procurements Officer
3) Erbil Logs/Admin Assistant
4) Logs Officer-Kirkuk
Technical supervision (Dotted reporting line):
Logistics staff (including core logs staff, warehouse staff, procurement staff, drivers, and distribution staff) in each of the field offices will receive managerial, technical supervision and advice from this position.
This will require close coordination with the direct line managers of the logistics staff in each location: the Base Support Coordinators of Mosel and Sinoni, The base Support Manager of Kirkuk. Coordination with programme, finance, admin, and HR staff on their logistics needs will also be required and close interaction with the Security Advisor is also expected.
Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organisation undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Eastern Europe and Asia.
In Iraq, Mission East provides assistance for both the urgent basic needs for those who have recently fled from the violence as well as longer-term support for those who have been displaced for more than two years now.
Our current programme includes NFI and shelter interventions, WASH assistance, livelihoods support and child protection and psychosocial support activities delivered through multi-purpose community centres. Mission East is currently active in Ninewa, Dohuk and Kirkuk Governorates. More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
To provide management, leadership and ensure high quality delivery of the country programme’s logistics support to all departments. This should be ensured through technical support to logistics staff, continuous improvement of systems and documentation, promoting high quality standards, involvement in procurement processes, providing the country-wide perspective on logistics oversight, and contributing to strategy from the lens of logistics.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Oversight and advisory support to logistics systems
• Coordinate, plan and implement with the relevant field staff all Logistics and Procurement Activities.
• Consulting with those involved, develop, establish, disseminate and continually improve logistical systems which are well-tailored to Mission East’s Iraq programme, aligned with donor and Mission East policy, and meet trade standards. This includes, but is not limited to: staff movement planning, driver and fleet management, warehousing, transport of goods, procurement, facilities management, communications systems, IT systems, distribution planning, and others.
• Ensure good documentation for all such systems, using and upgrading existing tools where possible, and creating new tools where needed.
Supervision and Capacity Building
• Effectively convey procurement and logistics procedures to staff and supervise their implementation.
• Build staff capacity on logistics management, through direct training, on-the-job coaching, and seeking opportunities for external training where appropriate.
• Participate in the capacity building of local partner(s) for logistics management
• Facilitate and promote effective communication and coordination mechanisms between logistics staff and other departments
• Support Mission East’s global understanding and learning on logistics good practice through sharing and exchange of tools
• Uphold and promote understanding of the Mission East procurement policy. Provide trainings and briefings for all field staff, both national and international, making sure that staff understand and apply the guidelines.
• Lead tender committee processes for large procurements
• Review and improve procurement documentation, building the capacity of logistics staff to record and file complex procurement processes clearly.
Support the establishment and maintenance of offices, residences or project sites
• Lead the selection of new locations for offices or residences and consult on the process for selecting and establishing new project locations.
• Oversee the contracting and management of various Mission East properties, advising staff directly involved in each location, including offices and guest houses and ensuring documentation is in place.
• Ensure that the equipping and maintenance of expats residences and office is done in a timely manner. Ensure that proper supplies are available at the residences and offices. Ensure that rental payments are done on time.
• Ensure that IT systems in all Mission East offices function smoothly to support office needs and that IT usage policy is adhered to.
• Other tasks as agreed with the Head of Programme Support
• Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a Logistic and/or Procurement focal point within humanitarian/recovery context.
• University degree in relevant discipline
Necessary Skills and Competencies
• In depth knowledge of Field Logistics, including procurement systems, fleet management, warehousing and distribution.
• Strong analytical skills and writing ability to lead our procurement activities and chair procurement tender committees for high level procurement
• IT competent, able to set up computers & networks, able to use all common software packages
• Ability to analyse, assess and coordinate effective decision making for response under pressure and at very short notice
• Ability to develop and deliver relevant trainings to mixed ability groups sometimes through interpreters
• Sensitivity and respect for local customs and protocols
• Cross-culturally adept
• Able to avoid the typical barriers that develop between local and expatriate communities and colleague through an approachable, empathetic and open style
• Adherent to Mission East’s Values, Vision and Mission
• Able to encourage, motivate and guide team members
• Able to communicate effectively across Mission East’s management structures
• Flexible to travel at short notice. The position is expected to have considerable travelling demands.
Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
Some knowledge of local languages including Kurdish and Arabic would be an asset.
To apply for this post, please visit www.miseast.org/vacancies , where you will be able to complete an application form. Please ensure that all sections are fully answered as candidates will be initially screened using data submitted on the online form.
Final closing date for this position is 22/11/2018
Completing the application form
|Please note that we normally get a very large number of applications for each position. You can make a big difference to us finding you amongst all the other CVs by:
|Back to Search Results